Thursday, August 28, 2008

Random thoughts and a mess of mama's BBQ

P7290002.JPG

I have been thinking about the entry into next years Chocolate Fantasy. I have been combing the property for styles and ideas and I think I have hit upon one. Not going into it but I think it should work. May include a plant like theme but then I don't know the actual theme to Choc. Fant. yet so that hinders me.

We need to revamp the truffles at work, the flavors are getting dull. Also need more time to do such things..never ever seems to be enough time, even with a full staff.

I bought a "new to me" book yesterday. Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations by Nancie McDermott. I have been eyeballing this book for about a year and never had the extra dough to buy it. As a transplanted southerner in New Mexico, I have found this book to be delicious, visually and recipe-wise. There is even a recipe for my favorite thing during Christmas....Boiled Custard!! It may be bad for you but it is soooo delicious.

I was going to put some lyrics here from Emmet Otter's JugBand Xmas but could not find it properly, so here is the song in the Video. Enjoy!



No comments: