Thursday, November 26, 2009

My Thanksgiving.

THANKSGIVING 2009

Well the wife and I are home for Thanksgiving. Not going anywhere and not having any company, we did not want to have to deal with alot of fuss.
So a trip to the store:
1 lb Bacon
2 potatoes
1 small jar minced garlic
1 pork loin
1 red onion
1 can crushed pineapple
1 can cranberry sauce with whole berries
1 bag shredded cheese
1 can collard greens
2 cans mandarin oranges

I marinated the pork loin in pineapple, pineapple juice, and garlic overnight.
The next day I laid out the bacon, smeared it with chopped onion and garlic (forgot to take the smearing photo so just imagine).


Wrapped it all up tight with plastic wrap. The plastic wrap helps with stickiness and keeps control of the pork loin and bacon.


The wrapped pork loin was placed on a roasting pan into a 375 degree oven. Near the end I turned on the broiler (350 degrees), to get the bacon a good color and crisp. The internal temp was around 170 plus or minus.

All I have to say is Yum. The bacon was crisp and the loin tender.

For a sauce I mixed the cranberry sauce, the pineapple (drained), and two cans mandarin oranges (drained). Then fine chopped some red onion and mixed it all together.

So with some cheesy roasted potatoes, the greens and the pork loin it all came together.

No comments: